As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this Post: In Episode 003: To Niche or Not to Niche Your Massage Practice, we discuss how and when might be appropriate to niche.
“Align with The Massage Business Mama” a Podcast Brings You
Episode 003: To Niche or Not to Niche Your Massage Practice
Niching is all the rage right now! Everywhere you turn, there are “experts” telling you how important this practice is to have a successful business.
To niche or to specialize in an area comes with pros and cons. In this episode, we discuss our opinions on how and when to niche.
It helps you target your marketing efforts. You don’t have to spread yourself so thin, trying to target every market.
Once you start narrowing your focus, referrals begin to pour in. The right people begin to find you.
You can start to refer out to practitioners who specialize in areas you don’t, and then practitioners will start referring to you.
Getting Training –
Advanced training is vital for all massage therapists, especially when specializing in an area of practice. Continue to challenge yourself, so you don’t become stagnant.
Often, you can find opportunities where employers will help pay for continuing education to help you dive deeper into specific niches.
Be Flexible –
Allow yourself the freedom to change directions if that feels appropriate or exciting. The path of least resistance is probably the correct path to be moving towards.
Permit Yourself Not to Niche –
Sometimes the idea of niching doesn’t feel in alignment with the direction you want to take your practice. AND THAT IS OKAY!
Some Reasons You May Not Want to Niche
- You are new to the massage industry
- If you live in a small town
- If you like variety
Interview Your Niche –
Before committing to a specific niche, “interview” your niche to make sure you like working with this population of people and repeatedly doing this type of work.
You may also want to check out:
Permission Not to Niche Your Massage Practice
Finding A Niche For Your Massage Practice
Listen here: Episode 003: To Niche or Not to Niche Your Massage Practice
PS. We are still working out the audio kinks. We feel confident that our sound quality will improve in the future as we dial in our editing software and microphones. Please be patient as we work out these technicalities.
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 047: Money Mindset for Massage Therapists
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 046: When Is It Appropriate To Discount Your Massage Services
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 045: Firing A Massage Client
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolSetting Your Massage Rates