As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this Post: In Episode 004 of “Align with The Massage Business Mama, learn networking tips and tools for massage therapists.
“Align with The Massage Business Mama” a Podcast Brings You
Episode 004: Networking Tips and Tools for Massage Therapists
Networking can be a scary and intimidating thing! However, as uncomfortable as it can be, it is hugely important for business growth.
In this episode, we discuss the tips and tools we have implemented over the years to help us feel more comfortable in a variety of networking settings.
8 Suggestions to Help You Become More Comfortable at Networking Events
1) Practice –
Try practicing your elevator pitch in front of the mirror, or recorded it on your phone. Practice doesn’t make perfect. It makes permanent. When something is permanent, it is a lot easier to come up with the right words on the spot.
2) Print Out Promotional Material –
Having shiny promotional material to pass out helps build confidence. It gives you something to do instead of fumbling with your hands.
We recommendation Moo for printing, it is a cut above!
3) Smile –
We hate even to mention it, but you are so much more approachable when you have a smile on your face! Take a deep breath, smile, and step outside your comfort zone.
4) Listen –
Practicing active listening endures you to people. Avoid aggressively asserting your own agenda.
5) Avoid the Urge to Sell –
Instead of selling your services, share the exciting things that are going on in your business. Try to pretend that you are just chatting with a friend.
6) Bring a Friend –
When you bring a good sidekick with you to networking events, you can elevate each other and avoid always having to toot your own horn. Just make sure you bring someone who isn’t going to only want to chat with you.
7) Have a goal –
Give yourself an objective going into networking events. Having a purpose helps calms the nerves and get you out of your head. Maybe your one goal is to find someone who you resonate with and set up a coffee date. Simple goals or objectives are great!
8) Fake It Until You Make It –
The more confidence you exude, the more comfortable you will become. Over time, you will become more poised, and you will no longer have to “fake-it” because you will have “made-it”!
Treat every encounter as a networking opportunity. The world is your oyster. Introduce yourself to the businesses around you, and then baby step into bigger events.
Stepping outside your comfort zone is an essential piece to being an entrepreneur. By challenging ourselves to make new connections and learn new information, we are elevating ourselves and setting ourselves up for thriving practices. To neglect this type of engagement would be foolish. Shake off those nerves, polish up your approach, and get out the door.
You may also want to check out:
Listen here: Episode 004: Networking Tips and Tools for Massage Therapists
PS. We are still working out the audio kinks. We feel confident that our sound quality will improve in the future as we dial in our editing software and microphones. Please be patient as we work out these technicalities.
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 014: How To Set-Up Your Massage Website For Optimal SEO
- A Village of ResourcesSetting Up Your Massage Website for Optimal SEO
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 013: Respect Massage with Joyce Gauthier
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 012: Taxes for Massage Therapists