As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this post: In the latest episode of “Align with The Massage Business Mama,” we discuss when is it appropriate to discount your massage services.
ALIGN WITH THE MASSAGE BUSINESS MAMA A PODCAST BRINGS YOU
EPISODE 046: When Is It Appropriate To Discount Your Massage Services
Some believe that massage therapists should never discount. And we get that! There is far too much undervaluation going on in the massage industry.
But here at Align with The Massage Business Mama, we believe there are times when it is appropriate! NOT all the time, but certainly at times.
In our most recent episode, we get into our top 4 times when we think it is appropriate to discount your services.
1) When you are building a clientele.
Not many therapists graduate from school with a full roster. This might be a good time to offer an introductory rate.
2) When business is slower than you would like.
This might be when your area is less busy because of environmental factors, such as an industry closing or tourism season-ending.
3) When you are rewarding someone for loyalty.
A client books with you weekly or sends everyone they know to you; this is an appropriate time to show you appreciate them!
4) When you need a cash influx quick.
This might be before a surgery or leading up to the birth of a child.
Does Groupon Work For Massage Therapists?
Help I Can’t Work – 8 Tips For When Life Disables You As A Massage Therapist
Listen here: 046: When Is It Appropriate To Discount Your Massage Services
If you have any questions or would like us to cover a specific topic on the podcast, please reach out! We love hearing from listeners!
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 047: Money Mindset for Massage Therapists
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 046: When Is It Appropriate To Discount Your Massage Services
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 045: Firing A Massage Client
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolSetting Your Massage Rates