As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this post: We interview Kelly Stauffiger about her experience of working as an NFL Massage Therapist for the podcast. Kelly breaks down how the whole experience has unfolded for her.
“ALIGN WITH THE MASSAGE BUSINESS MAMA” A PODCAST BRINGS YOU
EPISODE 031: WORKING AS AN NFL MASSAGE THERAPIST
Have you ever wanted to work for a professional sporting team? For some Massage Therapists, there is nothing more enticing and exciting than the idea of working with professional athletes! The prestige, honor, and challenges that come with this type of work are out of this world.
Kelly Stauffiger is one such therapist. Kelly is one of five Massage Therapists for the Buffalo Bills. In this episode, we talk about her journey from working in a casino spa to starting with The Bills. A journey that took some effort, but has been rewarding.
She shares about the ebbs and flows of this type of work, compensation, courses she has taken, and safety considerations. It’s so fun to hear her experience!
And while it might not be the easiest world to break into, it can be done! Kelly shares her greatest tips for breaking into this niche, who to contact, and what to expect. Hint. Hint. It’s not through LinkedIn!
Unwanted sexual advances in the massage industry
With all the news about Deshaun Watson and allegations of sexual misconduct from Massage Therapists, it is timely that we chat with Kelly about the safety precautions therapists can take to avoid such confrontations in this particular niche. We touch on this and how to uphold professionalism in the industry.
Unwanted sexual advances in the massage industry, unfortunately, are one of the problems we encounter as massage therapists! Click here to learn more about how to protect yourself from illicit massage requests.
Another great resource on this subject is: Podcast Episode 013: Respect Massage with Joyce Gauthier.
Joyce’s movement is aimed at helping protect massage therapists from sexual solicitors. An important topic!
But don’t be afraid of working as an NFL Massage Therapist. It has huge rewards and CAN be safe, profitable, and rewarding! And you might even wind up at the Superbowl. Listen to our episode to hear more about the benefits of this type of work.
Links to Products and Classes
Kelly attributes much of her success and skill to the following courses and resources and connections she made through them.
Rock Tape – Help people move more, and move better. https://www.rocktape.com/medical/
Fascia Stretch Therapy – For professionals in health, fitness, and sports. Stretch to Win
Functional Range Release – Assess. Program. Improve. Repeat. A Complete System for Client Care and Performance Improvement. https://functionalanatomyseminars.com/#
Listen here: 031: Working as an NFL Massage Therapist
If you have any questions or would like us to cover a certain topic on the podcast, please reach out! We love hearing from listeners!
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 037: Email Marketing Part One: Welcome Sequences
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolMobile Massage in Weeki Wachee, FL with Emily Attard
- Book ReviewsPodcast Episode 036: Healing The Spirit and Balancing The Autonomic Nervous System
- Kids and CareersPodcast Episode 035: Working While Pregnant As A Massage Therapist