As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this Post: In this episode, we discuss burnout, sexuality, and side hustles with Guest Erica Olson. As a seasoned therapist, Erica is taking a step back from massage. In this episode we discuss why.
“ALIGN WITH THE MASSAGE BUSINESS MAMA” A PODCAST BRINGS YOU
EPISODE 015: Burnout, Sexuality, and Side Hustles with Guest Erica Olson: Taking A Step Back From Massage
COVID has been hard on Massage Therapists worldwide. Many have chosen to take a step back from or quit massage altogether. Maybe you yourself have chosen to make this difficult decision?
In this episode, we talk with Erica Olson, a seasoned therapist who is one of these such therapists who has chosen to take a step back from massage.
We originally brought Erica on in response to Episode 013: Respect Massage with Joyce Gauthier. In Episode 013, we mentioned Erica’s situation and thought it would be fun to invite her on the podcast to clarify some of the points we discussed regarding her situation. And boy was it fun!
As many therapists grapple with this same question, whether to continue massaging or step away, this episode gets to the heart of the issue! It sheds light and humor on a difficult and trying time for many!
Now Erica has many reasons she is stepping away from massage, not all COVID related. Though some certainly are. Others include burnout, and her desire to express herself in sexually creative ways. Ways that she felt were stifled as an MT.
Apocalypse Fashion Friday
In response to this, she has created the creative outlet, Apocalypse Fashion Friday. Here, she has taken dress-up to a whole new level. Through costumes, make-up, and lighting, she has begun to reclaim her own sexual goddess and hopes to inspire others to do the same.
The Problem Child
Another fun things we uncover in this episode are ways to diversifying your income. For Erica, this has meant creating a side hustle with her boyfriend Greg. The Problem Child, helps those with food allergies plan delicious, healthy meals for their families.
Maybe you too are considering taking a step back from massage. If this describes you, know that you are not alone.
We hope you enjoy the show!
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolEpisode 022: No-Shows in Your Massage Biz
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 021: Marketing with Em of The Creative Bodega
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 020: Naming Your Massage Biz
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 019: Uncovering Your Competitive Advantage to Accelerate Your Business Growth