As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this Post: In Episode 022: No-Shows in Your Massage Biz, we discuss one pesky and inevitable downside of running a massage business, when clients fail to give notice that they will not be making it to their appointment.
“ALIGN WITH THE MASSAGE BUSINESS MAMA” A PODCAST BRINGS YOU
EPISODE 022: No-Shows in Your Massage Biz
One of the most annoying things in our massage world is when client’s no-show! We have prepared ourselves mentally, physically, and energetically to give an awesome treatment, and then our client fails to show.
The client may think, “No big deal, I’ll reschedule for next week.” But the truth is, that’s an appointment that could have been booked by someone else. That is time you could have been doing something else! And lost revenue. Or is it? This is what we explore in this podcast episode.
How to mitigate the occurrence of no-shows in your massage biz
- Have a clear 24-hour cancellation policy that each and every client is made aware of BEFORE their massage appointment.
- Update all printed and online material to reflect your strict 24-hour cancellation policy.
- Collect credit cards information to reserve appointments. Letting clients know that if they fail to give 24 hours, they will be charged. (Make sure to store this information on a secure site that doesn’t allow outside parties to view the credit card information, most online booking systems have this capability.)
- Send text reminders to clients about their appointments. Some online booking software can automate this process.
Sometimes our clients get sick, have a family emergency, or have some other legitimate reason for missing their appointment. For everyone else, make sure to hold firm to your boundaries and charge when they fail to respect your time! Remember, we teach people how to treat us, and if you allow a client to get away with not paying when they “forget” about their appointment, it will continue to happen!
And when the inevitable no-show does happen, quickly refocus your attention to pesky tasks you have been avoiding to maximize the time! (Avoid spending the next hour scrolling through Facebook as you fume about the client who had no respect for your time!)
Listen here: Episode 022: No-Shows in Your Massage Biz
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 042: Choosing A Legal Entity for Your Massage Business
- Massage TechniquesPodcast Episode 041: How Ayurvedic Doshas Can Inform Your Bodywork
- PodcastPodcast Episode 040: Changes to Our Podcast
- PodcastPodcast Episode 039: Stepping Away From the Session-by-Session Approach