As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this Post: In Episode 025: Accountability Partners we talk about the importance of having cheerleaders in your life.
“ALIGN WITH THE MASSAGE BUSINESS MAMA” A PODCAST BRINGS YOU
EPISODE 025: Accountability Partners
Have you ever wanted to be held a little more accountable for reaching your business goals? Do you ever feel like maybe you need an extra set of eyes on a project? Or, do some days, you just need someone to tell you that you are doing a good job?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, we hear ya! Being an entrepreneur can be isolating – whether you run a Fortune 500 company or a small one-room massage studio where you are the sole practitioner.
The answer, as presented in our latest podcast episode, an accountability partner or partners…
In this episode, Ali is joined by Bethany Dykman of Strength Love Birth, one of her real, live accountability partners, to share the importance of having these types of relationships in your life.
It is SOOO much easier to reach your goals when you have others around you trying to achieve similar things, those willing to cheer you on and help pick you up when you fall.
You can have many different types of accountability partners. From fellow Massage Therapists, to those in completely unrelated industries. Some may enter for short periods, while others stuck around for years.
Whether you join a mastermind group or find one person to partner with, setting up a group like this is really pretty simple!
Consistency is the main key!
Figure out a time to meet every week or month and then stick with that time. When you start to switch things up too much, you begin to lose momentum and motivation.
Once you have established a time that works for everyone involved, set some guidelines to help ensure your meetings are productive! Maybe you check in with highs and lows from the week, have each member take turns presenting a topic, or discuss courses or books that have helped accelerate your growth.
You could find people locally to be a part of your group and meet in person.
Or, you could meet with people all over the country or world. If you are working with people in different areas than your own, a weekly conference call may be more appropriate than an in-person meeting.
However you choose to connect, these types of groups can be life-changing! Not only is the encouragement unmatchable, but you will also shorten your learning curve. When several minds collaborate towards the same purpose, short-cuts are bound to occur! Someone in the group may have the exact answer you have been researching for days.
If you are interested in learning more about our experience with accountability partners, listen to our latest episode.
Listen here: Episode 025: Accountability Partners
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 037: Email Marketing Part One: Welcome Sequences
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolMobile Massage in Weeki Wachee, FL with Emily Attard
- Book ReviewsPodcast Episode 036: Healing The Spirit and Balancing The Autonomic Nervous System
- Kids and CareersPodcast Episode 035: Working While Pregnant As A Massage Therapist