As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this Post: In this episode, we interview Joyce Gauthier of the Respect Massage Movement. Respect Massage with Joyce Gauthier is a movement aimed at helping protect massage therapists from sexual solicitors. This important topic is one that often gets glossed over in massage school. Joyce is working tirelessly to combat that problem.
“ALIGN WITH THE MASSAGE BUSINESS MAMA” A PODCAST BRINGS YOU
EPISODE 013: Respect Massage with Joyce Gauthier
Sexual solicitations are a problem in the massage industry. Anyone who has spent any length of time in the industry knows this.
Maybe you have experienced this issue in your practice. Maybe not. Either way, it is an important topic to discuss.
But, just because it is a problem in our industry does not mean we can’t take steps to protect ourselves. Because we can!
In this month’s episode, we interview Joyce Gautier of The Respect Massage Movement. Joyce has made it her mission to empower massage therapists as they create safe working environments. She has done all the research and is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to this topic.
Joyce offers therapists the steps necessary to protect themselves. With a vast array of resources from stickers to verbiage to put on their website to continue ed classes, she aims to help therapists deter sexual solicitations in their practice.
Tune in as we talk clothing, getting down in a small town, education, and even a bit about sailing. It is a fun-filled episode based on a serious topic in our industry.
It was such an honor to have Joyce on the podcast! She is doing some amazing work for the massage field. Bridging the gap from what school teaches to what actually happens in the industry.
We hope you enjoy the show!
Listen here: Respect Massage with Joyce Gauthier
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 018: A Course for Massage Therapists About to Launch Their Businesses
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 017: IG Reels for Massage Marketing
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 016: What’s the Deal with Zeel?
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 015: Burnout, Sexuality, and Side Hustles with Guest Erica Olson: Taking A Step Back From Massage