As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this Post: In this Episode, Beca and Ali discuss COVID-19 and The Massage Industry and how we can protect our immune systems, lessen the financial toll, and potential new norms for our industry.
“Align with The Massage Business Mama” a Podcast Brings You
Episode 005: COVID-19 and The Massage Industry
The nasty virus, COVID-19 that is circling the world has affected the massage therapy industry in some pretty profound ways! Join Beca and Ali as they discuss ways to have some financial immunity to this situation, their predictions for the future of our industry, and the things they are doing to stay healthy through this all.
Boost your mental, physical, emotional, and financial well-being during this crazy time in history.
What’s the number one thing you can’t wait to do once you get out of quarantine?
Initially, we thought this might turn out a little like the Y2K scare. But clearly, it is not!
Once the reality of how severe this issue was sunk in, we made dashes to the store and purchased N95 masks. We went back to our roots to start growing our own food.
Pretty early on, we recognized the importance of getting outside, showering, and getting dressed every day!
The reality is that this could drastically change the massage industry, and we truly don’t know how long this will last.
Potential New Massage Norms
- An increased vigor in cleaning practices.
- Wearing gloves and masks.
- Addressing changes to how we approach the top blanket.
- Increased hand sanitizer use.
- Sterilizing the face cradle between sessions, not just changing the face cradle cover.
Could this become our new reality? It would instill more trust and confidence for our clients. It would also protect our society from a similar situation in the future.
Over time, will we be able to receive information in the same way when wearing gloves?
How to Lessen The Financial Toll of COVID-19
- File for unemployment.
- Apply for an SBA loan/grant.
- Approach landlords about reduced rent.
- Get rid of unnecessary bills.
- Contact creditors to see if the have COVID departments set up with loan deferment programs.
- Continually reassess your financial needs and make changes.
- Start a side hustle.
- Go to your local food bank.
- Practice zero waste.
Boosting Our Immunity
- Take technology breaks.
- Get grounded.
- Drink herbal infusions.
- Get outside.
- Shower every day.
- Go to bed early.
- Get dressed every day.
- Eat raw garlic.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Connect with family and friends.
- Use social media as an accountability partner.
- Practice yoga.
- Start a gratitude practice.
- Cut out stimulus.
- Schedule in times to check the news.
- Oregano oil capsules.
- Elderberry tincture.
- “Kickass Immune” tincture.
- CBD tincture.
- Apple cider vinegar.
Hopefully, we can carry some of these practices into our “new normal.” And we say “new normal” because our world it is a changing!
You may also want to check out:
Listen here: Episode 005: COVID-19 and The Massage Industry
PS. We are still working out the audio kinks. We feel confident that our sound quality will improve in the future as we dial in our editing software and microphones. Please be patient as we work out these technicalities.
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 050: Show Up & Shine on Social Media with Stacey Hagen
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolNegotiating A Massage Lease
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolInsurance Billing For Massage Therapists
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 049: Diversifying Your Income with Soul Care Coaching with Christine Boye