As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this Post: Learn 10 ways to protect your family from technology. There are powerful EMF rays all around us, being a naturally minded parent, we want to protect our loved ones from the negative effects.
We love our technology! Do you remember trying to have a private phone conversation years ago? I do! I would take the kitchen phone with its long cord and stretch it in the bathroom, speaking in hushed tones with a closed and locked door, the pesky siblings were still straining to hear the latest gossip. What about our bulky walkmen and having to get up to change the channel on the television. Cell phones, Bluetooth, and microwaves have revolutionized the way we live. But the question is, at what expense?
Unfortunately, all of these devices emit harmful radiation called Electromagnetic Fields (EMF’s). While EMF’s do occur naturally in our bodies, with the advent of the lightbulb, we started introducing man-made EMF’s, and this is when the problems began. Of course, when it was just light bulb exposure, it was not too taxing on our system. With recent technological explosions and no signs of slowing down, it is extremely taxing on our systems. Nokia CEO Rajeev Suri told USA today “(5G is) the best wireless technological leap that’s ever happened in the history of (the business),” Slated to come out in 2019, with a statement like this I’m sure the radiation levels for this giant leap in technology will be off the charts!
Symptoms of Excessive EMF Exposure
- brain fog
- dizziness and vertigo
- frequent illnesses
- adrenal fatigue
- hormone imbalances
- cancer or an increased risk of cancer
Scary stuff right. And not to scare you even more but research has shown that children’s brains, eyes, and bone marrow absorb three to ten times the amount of radiation an adults does.
In this day and age, it’s not practical to forgo these technological advances. Online booking, texting with clients, and Bluetooth music are all essential parts of the world in which we live. However, there is good news out there. There are steps we can take, steps to protect ourselves and our family from these daily onslaughts.
How to Reduce Exposure to Harmful EMF’s
- Turn off the wifi and Bluetooth settings on your phone when you are not utilizing them. Even if you aren’t using these settings, the EMF’s are still active.
- Use your phone in airplane mode whenever possible.
- Use speakerphone whenever possible.
- Don’t sleep with your devices next to you.
- Distance is our friend. The further you are away from your device the less impact it will have on you. Put devices on tables not laps.
- Hard-wire to the internet when possible.
- Refrain from using the microwave. I know as a working mother it can be very tempting, but it’s better to avoid it when you can.
- When watching shows on your tablets or phones, download them first and view the downloaded version in airplane mode.
- Stay stationary when talking on a mobile device, the signal has to work harder when you are moving, thus emitting more rays.
- Give your child a truck or doll to play with instead of a device.
I know that some of these new innovations for children are tempting! An app that is attached to the toilet to lessen the burden of potty training, a Bluetooth monitor that signals the crib to rock when your baby cries, or merely handing your child the phone to let them play a game while you attempt to get something done for a change. All of these can be tempting, especially as a working mom, but the risk is not worth the reward. Visit http://ehtrust.org/about/ For a more in-depth look at how you can protect you and your family.
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 047: Money Mindset for Massage Therapists
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 046: When Is It Appropriate To Discount Your Massage Services
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 045: Firing A Massage Client
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolSetting Your Massage Rates
Good things to remember. I tend to forget how harmful screentime can be. I know shutting off all devices a good hour before bed has helped me sleep more deeply and made me feel better when I wake up. Thanks for the reminder!