As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this post: In the latest episode of “Align with The Massage Business Mama,” Episode 035: Working While Pregnant As A Massage Therapist, we are joined by guest Emily Van Dyke to discuss all things pregnancy.
“ALIGN WITH THE MASSAGE BUSINESS MAMA” A PODCAST BRINGS YOU
EPISODE 035: Working While Pregnant As A Massage Therapist
This episode was prompted by a listener who recently found out she was pregnant and was looking for suggestions on how to navigate this journey with a little more ease.
Regardless of whether you have been planning a pregnancy for some time or it came as a surprise, having a baby changes everything!!!
Questions pour in like;
Will I have the stamina to work until the end of my pregnancy?
How will I feel when giving massages?
Will my clients hesitate to come to see me while I am pregnant?
And the biggie, financially, will I be able to pull it off?
Pregnancy is an exciting and scary time! There are so many unknowns! It is only natural to ponder questions related to the health and well-being of the baby, logistics of setting up a nursery, and how your relationship with your job will change.
In this episode, we give our top 10 tips for working while pregnant.
10 Tips for Working While Pregnant As A Massage Therapist
1) Take Longer Breaks.
2) Use Your Stool.
3) Schedule Fewer Clients.
4) Wear Compression Socks.
5) Lower Your Table.
6) Keep Essential Oils Handy.
7) Layer Your Clothing.
8) Wear a Belly Band. The one pictured below is similar to my favorite of many that I tried when I was pregnant. Avoid bands with velcro as they tend to make noise when you are moving.
9) Receive Regular Massage.
10) Schedule a Flex Day.
To learn more about our guest Emily Van Dyke, visit her website at https://www.bloomingfromthemuck.com/
Listen here: 035: Working While Pregnant As A Massage Therapist
If you have any questions or would like us to cover a certain topic on the podcast, please reach out! We love hearing from listeners!
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 052: Empowered Practitioner —a safety workshop for massage therapists
- PodcastPodcast Episode 051: The Neuroscience of Stress with Charlotte Roden
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 050: Show Up & Shine on Social Media with Stacey Hagen
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolNegotiating A Massage Lease