As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this post: In the latest episode of “Align with The Massage Business Mama,” we are joined by author, guest, and massage therapist Nicole Keane. We talk about her recently released book, “The Tao of the Polyvagal Theory: A five element perspective for a future of healing the spirit and balancing the autonomic nervous system.” A revolutionary approach to healing the body!
“ALIGN WITH THE MASSAGE BUSINESS MAMA” A PODCAST BRINGS YOU
EPISODE 036: Healing The Spirit and Balancing The Autonomic Nervous System
In this episode, we are sans Beca and instead joined by Nicole Keane.
Nicole, a long time massage therapist, recently published a book. Inside “The Tao of The Polyvagal Theory,” she teaches and explores the connection between polyvagal theory and five element theory as a means to heal the spirit and balance the autonomic nervous system.
We discuss how the current interpretation of traditional eastern medicine might be flawed/incomplete and why the method she has developed (while contradictory to much of the general knowledge around five element theory) is so beneficial! It’s a revolutionary approach to treating the body. Instead of pushing against the body’s trauma, her method aims to reduce further traumatization. Her passion and purpose behind creating this resource is evident! And we discuss opportunities for learning her method. So, if you want to learn from the master, check out her website!
To sum up the book, I thought it would be best to share from the horse’s mouth. In Nicole’s words: “(The book) will serve as an introduction to a technical manual therapy curriculum called Elemental Manual Meridian Theory and Techniques (EMMT). The purpose of EMMT is to bring together manual release of energetic and physical restrictions within the anatomy of the body, in order to affect the physiology of the body and Autonomic Nervous System.”
It was a pleasure to sit next to Nicole, have a cup of tea, and record this episode! I am not a five element expert. But Nicole sure knows is. I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about how Nicole has reorganized this traditional healing method to work better in our current, traumatized, overstimulated world. Her wealth of knowledge is evident and impressive! Do yourselves a favor and take a listen to this episode!
And if you find yourself wanting to learning more, please check out the following resources.
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
The Barral Institute – https://www.barralinstitute.com/
The Chikly Institute – https://chiklyinstitute.com/
Nicole’s website – https://www.gratitudehealingarts.com/ – If you are interested in purchasing the book or signing up for one of her classes, that is the link to follow.
If you want to listen to the episode, please follow the link below.
Listen here: 036: Healing The Spirit and Balancing The Autonomic Nervous System
If you have any questions or would like us to cover a certain topic on the podcast, please reach out! We love hearing from listeners! And are open to suggestions! So please, don’t be shy!
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 047: Money Mindset for Massage Therapists
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 046: When Is It Appropriate To Discount Your Massage Services
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 045: Firing A Massage Client
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolSetting Your Massage Rates