As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this post: In the latest episode of “Align with The Massage Business Mama,” we dig into a unique approach to marketing your practice, attracting versus promoting your massage practice.
ALIGN WITH THE MASSAGE BUSINESS MAMA A PODCAST BRINGS YOU
EPISODE 043: ATTRACTING VERSUS PROMOTING YOUR MASSAGE PRACTICE
What does a sober living group and massage business marketing have in common? You may just be surprised by the answer!
Instead of pushing, pushing to get people through your door, we discuss a better way. We discuss the idea of attraction. How sharing what we are passionate about in life and massage can draw in our ideal clients like magnets on a fridge.
This is a subtle mindset shift that can have profound effects on the health of our business!
Does the idea of self-promotion make you cringe? We get it!
One of the most intimidating things as a Massage Therapist is trying to sell ourselves – to convince potential clients that we are worthy of their hard-earned dollars.
And we get it. If you look at it as making a sleazy sales pitch, it won’t feel good! You will feel like a used car salesman if you are pushing, pushing for the sale. But it doesn’t have to be that hard!
The thing is, you are passionate about the work you do and the people you help along the way. You got into massage because you care about people and want to help them live more pain-free lives!
So why not look at it as attracting instead of selling? Instead of lassoing people in, become a giant magnet that draws people in.
How do we do this?
- By sharing what makes us passionate about our field and the work we do…
- By taking care of our own mental health.
- By getting active on social media.
- By gaining confidence in our skills so that we don’t obsess over whether clients truly like our work.
The difference between attractive versus promoting may feel subtle, but it is an energy shift nonetheless. We challenge you to adopt this mentality for a period and see what happens in your business.
Take the idea of needing to make a profit out of the equation and come from a place of being of service. So get out there and share your passion! Let go of the idea of promoting and step into the energy of attracting.
Listen here: 043: Attracting Versus Promoting Your Massage Practice
If you have any questions or would like us to cover a specific topic on the podcast, please reach out! We love hearing from listeners! And are open to suggestions! So please, don’t be shy!
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- A Village of ResourcesPodcast Episode 047: Money Mindset for Massage Therapists
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 046: When Is It Appropriate To Discount Your Massage Services
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 045: Firing A Massage Client
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolSetting Your Massage Rates