As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this Post: In this episode, Ali and Beca explore a baseline for how COVID has affected multiple therapists. With interviews from 7 different people connected to the massage industry, they paint a broader picture of how this pandemic is hitting our industry.
“Align with The Massage Business Mama” a Podcast Brings You
007: A Baseline for How COVID Has Affected Multiple Therapists
In this episode, we wanted to get a baseline for how the COVID situation has landed in the massage industry. We wanted to hear from a variety of voices. Of course, we have our own personal experiences and views of how things will roll out moving forward. But we wanted to collect perspectives from others in the industry, educators, practitioners in private practice, spa owners, therapists who stopped working, and those who did not.
So, to kick things off, we interviewed seven people connected to massage. These individuals are located in two different states and paint a broad picture of how this virus has impacted our industry. Some are thinking outside the box. While others are simply trying to survive. Please join us as we explore these perspectives.
Maia Gaddess, a Licensed Massage Therapist, talks about operating her private practice in Sandpoint, Idaho, through the COVID storm. She give perspective on imminent changes to how we will practice massage in the future.
Owner of Sol Impressions Massage and Facial Studio in Breckenridge, Colorado. Julie talks about the difficulties she sees in regards to having staff post-COVID-19. Mainly in regards to cleaning procedures.
Spa Manager of Infinity Spa in Breckenridge, Colorado, shares her perspective on how this is affecting corporate spas.
Wildflower owner and operator Keisch Berrey seemingly wears many hats at once (business owner, highly-skilled bodyworker, holistic health visionary, entrepreneur). But her true focus is twofold and rather simple. Keisch is fiercely committed to making clients visit to Wildflower Day Spa a deeply personalized palette of experience and rejuvenation.
When not minding the store, and guaranteeing clients a Wildflower Spa experience that captures the beauty and charm of Sandpoint, Keisch exhibits a passion for her young family, and for all the outdoor pursuits of the Northwest.
We hope you enjoy this episode! And that it opens your eyes to more ways this virus has affected the massage industry than just the ways you have felt personally. We have all been rocked from this pandemic. Not a one of us left unchanged. Yet we all have such unique experiences around it. The more perspectives we can pull from, the better idea we have of what the future has in store.
Listen here: Episode 007: A Baseline for How COVID Has Affected Multiple Therapists
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolSetting Your Massage Rates
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 044: Retirement Planning for Massage Therapists with Sheri Rozeski
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 043: Attracting Versus Promoting Your Massage Practice
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 042: Choosing A Legal Entity for Your Massage Business