As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this Post: In Episode 019: Uncovering Your Competitive Advantage to Accelerate Your Business Growth, we talk with a recent grad of Ali’s “Massage in The Real World” program about the importance of identifying your competitive advantage.
“ALIGN WITH THE MASSAGE BUSINESS MAMA” A PODCAST BRINGS YOU
EPISODE 019: Uncovering Your Competitive Advantage to Accelerate Your Business Growth
Uncovering your competitive advantage is critical to your success as a small business owner. It’s what sets you apart in the marketplace and helps customers choose you over the spa down the street. But, sometimes, it’s hard to identify what it is that sets us apart! We are simply too close to ourselves to see the unique gifts we offer.
In this episode, we chat with Amie Kraft of Kraft Massage and Bodywork in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, about precisely this. Amie, a recent grad of Ali’s program “Massage In The Real World,” has had an unusual massage career. One, that definitely sets her apart from her competitors, yet, she has struggled to share this in her marketing and promotional efforts.
We uncover the mindset behind why Amie has held back on owning her competitive advantage – how she intends to change this moving forward – and tools you can use to uncover your own competitive advantage.
For those of you wondering, what is a competitive advantage, let me shed a little light.
A competitive advantage is something unique that sets you apart from your competition. It could be price, it could be quality, location, selection, service or experience. When you take the time to get clear on what your own unique competitive advantage is, you have a leg up in terms of marketing and promoting your offerings. It is also really great to identify this advantage in a business plan!
Tips and tools for uncovering your competitive advantage to accelerate your business growth.
1) Ask existing clients what they like best about receiving massage from you.
2) Ask friends and family what they think sets you apart from other massage therapists. Just as clients have great insight into the value you bring to the table, so do friends and family.
3) Set the timer for a 30-minute free-flowing brain dump. Write down all the good things that make you you. It’s amazing how much you can uncover when you allow yourself to write without editing!!!
4) Research where your competitors are falling flat. You can do this by either studying their website, talking to their clientele, visiting their location, or talking to their employees. It’s amazing what you can learn when you do a little detective work!
To learn more about Amie, her career working with athletes, including the Philadelphia Eagles, and what she is up to now, check her out at:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/kraftmassageandbodywork
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/kraftmassageandbodywork/
Website – www.kraftmassage.com
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008