As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this Post: In Episode 028: Zoning, Prejudices, and Stereotypes – One Massage Therapists Tale we talk with guest Sheri Nishimura, a highly trained Massage Therapist who encountered quite a few struggles when launching her business.
“ALIGN WITH THE MASSAGE BUSINESS MAMA” A PODCAST BRINGS YOU
EPISODE 028: Zoning, Prejudices, and Stereotypes – One Massage Therapists Tale
Our most recent guest, Sheri Burell Nishimura, OTR/L, LMT, CPT, AND a Massage in The Real World grad, shares about her battles when trying to start her massage business. Because she had a few.
Sheri of Phenix City, Alabama, purchased a house to run her clinic Myo·dō.
Myo: Medical term for “muscle”
Dō: Japanese for “the way of”
Her clinics aim, to bridge the gap between modern healthcare and holistic services by providing a fusion of soft tissue mobilization and corrective exercises to empower individuals in their wellness journey.
Sheri is an alumna of Central High School, Auburn University, and the Medical College of Georgia. In addition to graduating with the highest honors, she has two decades of hands-on experience as an occupational therapist working with collegiate and professional athletes, Soldiers, first responders, and people living with chronic pain.
Despite all of Sheri’s education, credentials, and experience, the neighborhood where she purchased her property DID NOT want Sheri to set up shop.
Petitions were signed, and city council hearings occurred, all in an attempt to keep Sheri out.
But y’all, in spite of these setbacks, Sheri prevailed! She handled everything with a grace that inspires!
To follow Sheri and learn more about her clinic in:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/myodomovementandmassage
Listen here: Episode 028: Zoning, Prejudices, and Stereotypes – One Massage Therapists Tale
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolSetting Your Massage Rates
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 044: Retirement Planning for Massage Therapists with Sheri Rozeski
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 043: Attracting Versus Promoting Your Massage Practice
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 042: Choosing A Legal Entity for Your Massage Business