As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this Post: Massage client’s, have you been wondering how to support your massage therapist during COVID-19 crisis? I’m here to tell you how.
Do you love your massage therapist? I’m willing to bet if you are reading this, you do!!!
Your massage therapist takes care of you. They’ve seen you through life-changing events. They’ve nurtured you in times of need. And they help you live a pain-free life. Why wouldn’t you love them?
Now is a scary time for massage therapists across the nation!
You might be saying, “ya, it’s a scary time in general.” But I’m here to tell you, especially for massage therapists and other professions that don’t have the option to work from home.
Our current pandemic is causing rapid shut-downs. Massage practices across the country are closing their doors for unknown periods of time. And many of us are doing this because we feel it is the socially responsible thing to do, not because someone told us to.
We are closing our doors because we care about the health and well-being of our communities. We are putting people before profit. And many of us are doing this with minimal financial reserves.
Our income is about to seize. Unlike many professions, we don’t receive compensation when we don’t work. We don’t have sick leave, built-in retirement, and other financial safety nets that many in other professions can lean on at times like these.
We understand that many of you are also taking financial hits.
Maybe you’ve seen articles like “Coronavirus will bankrupt more people than it kills – and that’s the real global emergency,” we’ve seen them too. And we’re scared. But, we are choosing to do the socially responsible thing and close our practices for the time being.
The government is talking about stimulus packages for lost wages. Still, being that many of us work for ourselves or are independent contractors, there is a good chance we will have to fight hard to maybe, eventually receive any of these dollars!
We are currently banding together to write our representatives to help them understand how affected we will be by this pandemic. Hopefully, our efforts will help.
How to Support Your Massage Therapist During COVID-19 Crisis
Purchase Gift Certificates
In the meantime, we aren’t asking you for charity. We are just asking that you consider us. We are a high-risk profession for those who may have to declare bankruptcy.
We are asking you to consider purchasing a massage gift certificate NOW. Now, while we are trying to figure out how to pay bills, purchase groceries, and pay rent with no income.
Once the dust of the current health crisis subsides, we will be thrilled to give you our regular high-quality massage.
So, if you love us, now is the time!
On behalf of massage therapists across the nation, please, and thank you for your consideration!
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 052: Empowered Practitioner —a safety workshop for massage therapists
- PodcastPodcast Episode 051: The Neuroscience of Stress with Charlotte Roden
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 050: Show Up & Shine on Social Media with Stacey Hagen
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolNegotiating A Massage Lease