As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this Post: In Episode 027: Aligning with Abundance we talk about a subject near and dear to us, one that so often is neglected in the massage profession.
“ALIGN WITH THE MASSAGE BUSINESS MAMA” A PODCAST BRINGS YOU
EPISODE 027: Aligning with Abundance
Having a scarcity mindset or “Starving Healer Syndrome” unfortunately describes an awful lot of us in the healing professions. But if we want to align with abundance, we must kick these toxic thought patterns to the curb!
We operate from the belief (often unconscious) that we don’t deserve to become wealthy or even financially comfortable from the work we perform. Or that it isn’t even possible to achieve financial independence as holistic practitioners.
We struggle to pay the bills, find time for self-care, and nurture our families, all while telling ourselves that we got into this work to help others, not to get rich.
We tell ourselves that there are better practitioners than us who deserve more. That we don’t want to take work away from others… That we don’t deserve as much of what others expect from life.
But the thing is, we work hard. We work from our hearts. We give of ourselves each and every day in ways that other professions simply cannot fathom. And over time, our hearts will start to break if we don’t take care of them and ourselves. We also must remember that by neglecting ourselves, we neglect those we love as well.
Our work is important. It helps improve lives. It is powerful, and so are we.
And…we deserve to be compensated fairly. We deserve to have money set away for retirement, our children’s college, and vacations. We deserve to be financially stable!
AND….THIS IS NOT SELFISH!
It’s called self-care. It prevents burnout. Breaking free from these limiting beliefs is a vital step to master if we want to have any type of longevity in a field we love so dearly!
The truth is, unless we take action to ensure a financially sound future for ourselves, we will constantly be scraping by, living paycheck to paycheck. Wondering if we will have enough for the electric, groceries, or necessary car repairs.
No one can make these changes to our mindset for us but ourselves. We have to do the hard work ourselves to achieve a more comfortable, sustainable lifestyle.
Often, these limiting beliefs are deeply engrained in us. We received messages as children, while in school, from the media or church. Taking steps to uproot these messages takes courage.
You deserve to have a thriving, rewarding, supportive practice. A practice which not only provides you with the basics but also allows you to travel, save, and play.
Aligning with abundance is a process, one that takes a lot of baby steps, day after day, to start building the life that you always imagined for yourself. One that feeds you not only financially but also spiritually, emotionally, and physically. So get out there and start taking steps.
Listen here: Episode 027: Aligning with Abundance
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 050: Show Up & Shine on Social Media with Stacey Hagen
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolNegotiating A Massage Lease
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolInsurance Billing For Massage Therapists
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 049: Diversifying Your Income with Soul Care Coaching with Christine Boye