As an Affiliate for Amazon and other companies, I earn from qualified purchases.
In this post: In the latest episode of “Align with The Massage Business Mama,” we talk about an often forgotten topic in our industry, retirement planning for massage therapists.
ALIGN WITH THE MASSAGE BUSINESS MAMA A PODCAST BRINGS YOU
EPISODE 044: Retirement Planning for Massage Therapists with Sheri Rozeski
Us massage therapists are not notoriously known for our financial savvy. Having a scarcity mindset or “Starving Healer Syndrome” unfortunately describes an awful lot of us in the healing professions! We operate from the belief (often unconscious) that we don’t deserve to become wealthy or even financially comfortable from the work we perform.
But Therapists, that’s a lie! We deserve all that and more!
A few months back, inside my membership, we were focused on retirement—a topic I often see neglected by Massage Therapists. In fact, in an informal quiz I conducted on Instagram, 65% of you said that you hadn’t started planning for retirement yet.
You might be saying, “Contribute towards retirement? Are you kidding me? There is nothing left over at the end of the month.”
And I get it. It’s really hard to budget when you don’t know how much is coming in. Especially in the beginning stages when income and expenses are unknown. And it’s not like we have anyone contributing to a 401k on our behalf…
But Therapists, there is a better way. I want to see you thrive and succeed NOT only during your career but also into your retirement!!! Which is why I invited financial literacy coach Sheri Rozeski to come chat with my membership group. This podcast episode is pieces of that conversation. Sheri has been a 1:1 financial coach for over 11 years and is passionate about helping people create positive relationships with their money.
Getting on track for retirement can and should be a priority! Listen on as we discuss how to kick scarcity mindset to the curb and create abundance. We HAVE resources within our control as self-employed entrepreneurs to change our destiny!
Listen and Learn:
- How much to pay yourself.
- How many bank accounts to have as a solopreneur.
- How to eliminate financial crisis.
- How to continue to be your own boss.
And, if you choose to tackle your money, what you give up:
- tax season loathing
- creeping balance on debt
Where to Find Sheri:
If you have any questions or would like us to cover a specific topic on the podcast, please reach out! We love hearing from listeners! And are open to suggestions! So please, don’t be shy!
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy Graduate
- Nationally Certified through NCBTMB
- Colorado Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified CranialSacral Level 1 through Upledger
- Certified Herbal Therapist through Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Certified Fujian Massage through Barefoot Masters
- Fort Lewis College - Majored in Art, Minored in Business Administration
- 6 Year Winner of Best Massage Therapist for "Best of The Boat" Competition
- Massage Business Owner Since 2008
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 052: Empowered Practitioner —a safety workshop for massage therapists
- PodcastPodcast Episode 051: The Neuroscience of Stress with Charlotte Roden
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolPodcast Episode 050: Show Up & Shine on Social Media with Stacey Hagen
- Fresh Out Of Massage SchoolNegotiating A Massage Lease